Friday, March 6, 2009

Great Grandma Vivienne's Swedish Pancakes

3 eggs
2 cups milk
1 ¼ cups flour
1 tbl sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tbl oil
½ tsp baking powder
1 packet vanilla sugar

- Blend all the ingredients, in a blender or by hand, and pour onto greased pan. Super easy, cook em like regular pancakes, they’re just a thinner and a little more difficult to manage.

- Enjoy with jelly, powdered sugar and lemon, syrup, chocolate, or whatever else you might like!

It wasn’t born in my time here, but I begin with Swedish pancakes because I love them so dang much! The recipe started with my great grandma, but has been adapted by my grandma, my mom, and now me in Morocco. Swedish pancakes are kind of like an odd child of regular pancakes and crepes. This picture is of my mom making Swedish pancakes for me the morning I left for Peace Corps, 7 September 2007; it was my last meal at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment